One of the easiest and most cost effective ways to improve safety and productivity, while reducing maintenance costs, is crane operator training.
Crane accidents cause injuries to operators, workers on the job site and even people nearby. The majority of crane accidents are caused by human error which may result in safety risks and uncontrollable downtime. Accidents can be minimized or prevented through proper training and crane usage.
Crane Operator Training is designed for crane operators and the supervisory personnel responsible for the daily operation and safe performance of cranes. The training gives participants the working knowledge to assist in reducing operator errors that may lead to unnecessary downtime. Crane operator training can provide additional knowledge to help avoid possible serious injury to personnel caused by improper crane operation.
Extensive operator training and crane safety courses
Safety is the top priority for Konecranes. We provide extensive, specialized training and instruction not only for our technicians and inspectors, but also for your service staff and crane operators. Participants will learn local requirements for crane operation. Topics may cover:
- The function of all major crane components and assemblies
- Minimum qualifications and requirements for a crane operator
- Daily crane inspection procedure required by local governing bodies
- Four rules of safe and proficient crane operation
- Precise spotting of loads and making precision lifts
- Proper techniques to minimize load swing
- Recommended hand signals
- Basic rigging procedures to attach the load to the hook
Crane operator training is ideal for newly hired personnel, seasonal workers or for refresher training. We offer training on site. In addition, we have the Konecranes Training Institute located in the United States and a training school in the UK. To find training courses available in your area, contact your local service branch.